Monday, February 12, 2024

MONTHLY COVER SERIES #2: HEADLESS HORSE!




Headless Horse is the project band I was invited to be a part of with Rob Antonucci from Achilles (and like a million other bands) that was started during pandemic stuff.  We had talked about doing a band together for literally 20 years and it finally took shape when we recorded an EP of songs a couple years back.  

I knew that with this covers project I wanted to contribute myself in some way besides just organizing it.  And with that I decided a good band for Headless Horse to tackle would be Sick Of It All.  I realize most of the people who enjoy things I put out look for left-of-center, weird and abrasive, noisy, sludgy, what-have-you.  And I love all of that.  But a big part of my musical DNA is hardcore.  Like, hardcore-for-the-hardcore hardcore.  It’s what I came up in, despite always having a foot in other types of aggressive, or underground music.  There’s a whole boatload of bands from the hardcore scene I have taken a lot of influence from, and I decided Sick Of It All would be a worthy inclusion because they are always there.  They have been a consistent force in music for over three decades.  They’re still one of the best live bands you could go see and have more energy expressed in one song than most bands have in their entire discography.  And still nobody cries while the innocent die and the guilty go free.


Go on and check out "World Full Of Hate" at the link below: 

https://hexrecords.bandcamp.com/track/headless-horse-world-full-of-hate




No comments: