Monday, December 20, 2010

TRANSLATE #5 NOW AVAILABLE!





TRANSLATE strikes back! The brand-spankin' new issue that is a big, fat 76 1/2 size pages of nothing but interviews... but with who? Absolute nobodies, that's who. This time around I chose to simply interview almost 20 of my closest friends, ask them about life, growing up, how we met, and all the simple joys in life, as well as the tough times. Stupid kid memories, terrible high school classes, making our way across the country, having children, marriage, adult stuff, and maybe a little music because... well, it's inevitable. Maybe you know some of these folks, but you probably don't. So take a walk in my shoes and see what all the hub-bub is about.
Get it HERE
On a personal note, I've had the idea to do a zine like this for about 5 years now. It's not terribly original, but it sure is rare. I just couldn't wrap my head around how I was going to execute it because how weird is it to ask your friends about things you already knew? So once I did construct a framework idea of how to carry this thing out, and come up with a list of potential interview candidates, I dove right into it. The whole project was completed within one month and somehow I came up with almost 20 interviews and 76 pages. I had to cut a couple out even, as it just got a little out of control and my goal was to be done by Christmas. Well, here we are. So check it out, won't you?

No comments: